Evaluating Neighborhood/Area Plans: An Educational Workshop of
Tucson Residents for Responsive Government (TRRG)
Monday, March 19, 2018 6-8 P.M. Sentinel Building
WORKSHOP PURPOSE, ORGANIZATION, & MATERIALS Bonnie Poulos, TRRG
NEIGHBORHOOD AND AREA PLANS: WHERE DID THEY COME FROM & WHY?
- Overview Presentation: Plan Development, Coverage & Use Dan Bursuck, PDSD
- How to Read a Concept Map Rebecca Ruopp, PDSD
- How City of Tucson Uses Neighborhood/Area Plans Rebecca Ruopp, PDSD
- Plan Tucson 4.4 Why we need to evaluate Neighborhood/Area Plans Bonnie Poulos, TRRG
EVALUATING YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD PLAN AND/OR AREA PLAN
Is it totally or partly relevant for today, or is it in need of updating?
- Procedures to carrying out plan self-study Bonnie Poulos, TRRG
- How Will the Evaluations Be Used? Bonnie Poulos, TRRG
TRRG Study Topic: Planning Development Services (PDS) in City of Tucson
Approved by the TRRG Board of Directors on Nov. 2, 2017 as a TRRG Study Committee; Organizational TRRG-PDS meeting on Dec. 9, 2017
Committee members: Colette Altaffer, Oscar Gandy, Chris Gans, Joan Hall, Lisa Jones, Ronni Kowica, Diana Lett, Kathi McGaughlin, Bonnie Poulos; Ruth Beeker, chair.
What process/procedure problems have City of Tucson (COT) residents encountered to merit this topic becoming the focus of a TRRG Study Committee?
Questions regarding administrative and legal issues surrounding neighborhood and area plans – submitted to the Tucson City Attorney’s Office and PDSD prior to the January 18, 2018 TRRG-Ward 6 Co-sponsored Educational Forum
Answers regarding administrative and legal issues surrounding neighborhood and area plans – received from the Tucson City Attorney’s Office and PDSD prior to the January 18, 2018 TRRG-Ward 6 Co-sponsored Educational Forum (related: Mayor & Council Study Session of January 9, 2018 – Item 2 – Role of Neighborhood and Area Plans – Video (at 41:00 min))